How does an adult or child qualify for services?


The person must be a resident of the State and meet the criteria for services established by Maryland’s Mental Hygiene Administration.  Authorization is based upon the seriousness of the illness and financial need.


Archway and the State of Maryland do not discriminate based on race, color, age, sex, religion, or national origin.



How are services paid for?


Medicaid, a State-Federally funded program, pays for service for most of the  adults and virtually all of the children.  The State also pays for a small number of people who do not qualify for Medicaid but are low-income.



How does a person apply?


If the application is for Residential Rehabilitation Services, please mail *this form to:


            Allegany County Mental Health System's Office (CSA)

            P.O. Box 1745

            Cumberland, MD   21502


*Archway cannot modify this form, because it is issued by the state of Maryland.


The CSA office will then forward this form to Archway, if approved. 




Additional forms:



Mail these forms to:


            Chrissy Wingate

            Intake & Referrals

            408 N. Centre Street

            Cumberland, MD   21502

            301-777-1700 X 112





In order to open and view any of our forms, you will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader.  Click below to get it!


Get Acrobat Reader Web logo




Title artwork provided by John Buckel.

Adobe Acrobat, and the associated icon, are Registered Trademarks of Adobe Systems, Incorporated.


About    |    Services    |    Apply for Service    |    Jobs    |    Contacts    |    Links